3 Months of Online Classes in Balintawak, Defensor Method, Heyrosa De Cuerdas, MAKTAN-FMA Training Modules, and More!
Join our live stream classes held weekly by multiple instructors. Explore new and authentic Filipino Martial Arts systems to strengthen your arsenal of tools and become versatile in other FMA systems, with the potential to level test at your instructor's discretion.Meet the Instructors
Class Schedule for February/March/April 2022
*Access links to classes will be emailed after registration. All class times currently shown in EST (UTC-5h). Click here for Time Zone Converter - Time Difference Calculator
5:30pm EST: Heyrosa Eskrima De Cuerdas with Guro Paul Rosales
7:00pm EST: Defensor Method with Guro Jessie Santiago
9:00pm EST: Defensor Method and Balintawak with Instructor Javier Monroy
7:00pm EST: Balintawak and MAKTAN-FMA Training Modules with Guro Michael Malanyaon
Make-ups available if needed and at each instructor's discretion.
MAKTAN-FMA Online special events. Check our Facebook pages and web site for updates!
Join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/maktanonline
Check out class replays from previous Kapatiran sessions posted in our private Student/Instructor Facebook Group, available after registration!
Class Descriptions for February / March / April 2022 (3 Month Program):
Sundays 5:30pm - 6:30pm EST: Heyrosa De Cuerdas
• Speed and Velocity of strike training
• Tersia, Segunda, and Primera hitting
• Speed and Accuracy training with use of targets
• De Cuerdas Training: Stick hand, Check hand and Fingers purpose
• Instruction on the restricted and allowed striking areas with regards to sparring exercises
• Disarming Techniques: Using the Stick, using Check hand, using Punyo
• Footwork (Triangle)
• Review of Airman level
*Open to all levels of experience. However, to test it is required to pass Airman level first. Airman students can test to level up (must be able to teach what is required to be an Airman).
Mondays 7pm - 8pm EST: Defensor Method of Filipino Martial Arts
• Double Stick Warm-Ups
• Basic Punches and Combos
• Basic pad and mitt holding configurations (punching and kicking)
• Basic Kicks (Foot jab, side kick, cut kicks, oblique kicks, knees)
• DM 12 angles of attack (Stationary and Classical)
• Block, parry, check drill (Hubud Lubud) with 6 transitions
*By the end of the session you should have a grasp of the basics. To test and be certified, it is required to pass all areas in level 1 as well as have the ability to teach the level 1 curriculum.
Tuesdays 9pm - 10pm EST: Defensor Method and Balintawak
• Level 1 curriculum review from Monday's class, including: Basic footwork; Double Stick Warm-Ups; Basic Punches and Combos; Basic pad and mitt holding; Basic Kicks; DM 12 angles of attack; Block, parry, check drills
• Preparation for testing
Thursdays 7pm - 8pm EST: Balintawak and MAKTAN-FMA Training Modules
• Context of Shadow Fighting Forms
• Building Speed and Accuracy in training
• Ambidextrous training
• Weapon management
• Multiple footwork training
Enroll Now: 3 Months of Live Stream Classes from MAKTAN-FMA and Affiliated Instructors!
FMA Kapatiran Classes - February/March/April 2022
Learn Balintawak, Defensor Method, Heyrosa De Cuerdas, MAKTAN-FMA training modules, and more through online classes held weekly by multiple instructors. Explore new and authentic Filipino Martial Arts systems to strengthen your arsenal of tools and become versatile in other FMA systems, with the potential to level test at your instructor's discretion!
$150 USD for 3 month program
Live Stream Training and More From MAKTAN-FMA Online
For online courses, student through instructor training and more, visit our Training Shop.
Punong Guro Michael-Vincent Malanyaon